Trident University International

PROFILES IN SUCCESS: DR. VINCENT HAVRILKO

Posted by Daniel Sloan on Feb 23, 2017 4:36:58 AM

Dr. Vincent Havrilko is an Air Force civilian serving the 366th Logistics Readiness Squadron, 366th Mission Support Group, 366th Fighter Wing, Air Combat Command at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho. He served for 22 years in the Air Force, retiring as a Master Sergeant.  

Dr. Havrilko completed a Ph.D. in Business Administration at Trident, as well as degrees at the master’s and bachelor’s levels. He is one of only nine alumni to have earned a degree at each program level from Trident.
Read More

Topics: PhD Degrees, Business Adminstration, Military, Glenn R. Jones College of Business, Military to Civilian Transition

TIPS FOR LEVERAGING ORGANIZATIONAL POLITICS

Posted by Cindy Wiley on Feb 15, 2017 12:17:22 PM

Organizational politics, according to Reference.com, “is the process of using an informal network to gain power and accomplish tasks to meet a person's wants or needs. Organizational politics may be a positive practice when the greater good of the company is affected. However, it can also be negative when people promote self-interests.”

We have all been affected by organizational politics in the workplace. While they can sometimes make work life challenging, using these informal networks can be very beneficial to you and your team.

Here are some positive ways to make organizational politics work for you.

Read More

Topics: Career Services, Networking, Careers, Glenn R. Jones College of Business, Organizational Politics

PROFILES IN SUCCESS: STEVE RICHARDS

Posted by Steve Richards, Trident Alumnus on Jan 27, 2017 11:07:44 AM

Trident helped me to fulfill my educational goals and dreams, teaching me that if I plot my goals and take things in stride I will accomplish anything. I’ve also strengthened my professional skills, which helps me to understand better what coworkers expect and how to work as a team.

Thanks to my time at Trident, I’ve improved my interpersonal skills, have become more self-aware, and have become more empathic towards others. I’ve been able to develop leadership skills so I can empower others, allowing me to put the needs of the group ahead of my own.

At first, keeping up with my education was a challenge. As I moved to different military installations, I would often lose credits enrolling in courses at different schools. It was hard not to think I was going nowhere fast, but things changed after I enrolled at Trident and worked with its faculty.

Read More

Topics: Military, Bachelor's Degrees, Careers, Glenn R. Jones College of Business, Alumni

5 WAYS TO GET THE COMPENSATION PACKAGE YOU DESERVE

Posted by Cindy Wiley on Nov 21, 2016 7:55:31 AM

Congratulations! You’ve interviewed for a great position, impressed the employer with your experience and knowledge, and now you are the primary candidate! The offer is on its way. Are you ready to negotiate?

It is important to maintain soft control upon receiving an offer. It’s good to be happy and excited about the opportunity, but don’t rush into a “yes” answer. Be completely sure you are not leaving something on the table.

A compensation package is a combination of salary, benefits, and perks. All of this is negotiable.

Here are the 5 components of the negotiation process and some tips for each one:

Read More

Topics: Career Services, Webinars, Careers, Glenn R. Jones College of Business, Alumni

PROFILES IN SUCCESS: DR. ALBERTO LLANES

Posted by Daniel Sloan on Oct 17, 2016 2:32:15 PM

Dr. Alberto Llanes is a 2016 graduate of Trident’s Ph.D. in Business Administration program. He currently serves as the Chief Enterprise Architect for IRIS Health Solutions, LLC, supporting the Federal Health Architecture (FHA) as one of their two contractor Lead Enterprise Architects.

Trident: Since your time at Trident, have you made moves upward in your career? Or accomplished specific career goals?

Dr. Alberto Llanes: As a student at Trident my career progressed from chief technology officer of a small organization out of New York, through Lead Enterprise Architect at General Dynamics Information Technology, to Chief Enterprise Architect at IRIS Health Solutions, LLC. I’m better positioned to contribute to the betterment of our nation’s health system and have to give some of the credit to my learning at Trident University International. I am now a more disciplined critical thinker which has led to more career success.

Read More

Topics: PhD Degrees, Glenn R. Jones College of Business, Alumni