IBISWorld is the largest industry information publisher in the world, providing a credible database of valuable information on 700 industries. This database is available to Trident students and alumni through the Trident Learning Community Library.
Students, working professionals, small business owners, and job candidates can all benefit from the information available in IBISWorld. Exposure to industry information provides strategic advantages that will help you make more informed decisions. It’s a timesaving tool as well because all the information you need is in one database.
Provides industry information:
- Industry definitions and a summary of services within that industry
- Financial performance (revenue, profit, annual growth)
- Revenue forecasting
- Market trends
- What drives and impacts the industry, both positively and negatively
- Factors for success in that industry
Key ways the information can be used:
- Presentations for class assignments
- Career counseling and what employment opportunities match your education and skillset
- New business start-up
- Job interviews (understand the talking points and have the answers to the interviewer’s questions)
- Professional presentations on-the-job
Log in to mytlc.trident.edu and check out how you can use this great tool to conduct research for class projects, real-world job tasks and projects, and even your job search.
For an introduction and presentation of IBISWorld, watch the webinar, “The Benefits of IBISWorld for Trident Students & Alumni."