When an employer extends an offer to you, they often expect you to negotiate. Be sure you are prepared for this important step in the job search process. Here are 5 great tools to help you prepare for salary negotiation.
And if you’re still looking for a job, these tools can help you with that too.
- If you are interested in working in the education industry, Chronicle Data is a good resource for faculty salaries, staff salaries, and adjunct salaries at colleges throughout the United States.
- You can search by a specific college, state, sector, or Carnegie classification.
- At Salary Expert, you can search for data for over 40,000 different positions, over 9,000 different locations worldwide, and 1,100 different industries.
- You can compare salary potential and cost of living data between the city where you currently live and the city where you want to live.
- DICE MOBILE APP
- If you work in a technology-based position, the Dice mobile app is a great tool for you.
- Learn what skills and knowledge are most in-demand, and compare yourself to what employers say they need.
- From Robert Half’s workplace website, you can download salary guides that provide comprehensive data on average starting salaries.
- Learn about hiring trends, what skills are in demand, and what and where the hot jobs are.
- Job Star Central is a good resource for research on salary issues like minimum wages, employers’ plans for future pay raises, women’s earnings, and more.
- You have the ability to search an industry by sector or by state.
Get more information and learn how to navigate several of these sites in the webinar, “Cool Tools & Resources for Salary Negotiation Preparation,” presented by Trident's Center for Career Planning and Workforce Strategies.